Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Day 7 - Pumpkin Curry with Chicken Meatballs

Share it Please
And here we are at the end of the challenge! I've made a good dent in my untried Pinterest recipes and had some awesome (and some not-so-awesome) meals!  Yay!

The last recipe on the list is Pumpkin curry with chicken meatballs!  I've had this one pinned here forever and just ever got around to trying it out!  I figured the pumpkin flavour would make it a perfect end to  cold Fall week!  Here's how we did:


Substitutions/Additions:
1) 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon in place of the stick
2) Regular coconut milk instead of low-fat
3) Added 1 tbsp of soy sauce
4) 1/2 cup chicken broth in place of bouillon and to thin out the curry a little (it was super thick!)










And now for the ratings:

Taste: A.  We both really liked this one! This was warm, spicy and hearty and I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch today!  I think if I were to do this one again, though, I'd use strips of chicken in place of the meatballs or I would add some breadcrumbs to the balls -they were a little dry. 
Cost: A-.  Using ground chicken makes this very budget friendly!  If you already have a decent spice cabinet at home, you probably don't need to buy any of the seasonings!
Nutrition: A.  Between the spices and the veggies, there's tons of anti-oxidant goodness in here! Between the carrots and the pumpkin you'll get a good dose of beta carotene!  Also, the chicken is nice and lean.    
Simplicity:  B. Using some strips of chicken would save the time and mess of the meatballs, but they were kind of unique and cool so I'm torn...
Overall: A.

And that's that!  Will you be trying out any of these recipes yourselves?  Which ones?  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...